The Scheme assists Nottingham City residents who are homeless or in need of good quality private rented accommodation.
All landlords must be accredited or willing to work towards becoming accredited.
- Interview potential tenants in which a five year address will be established and any criminal convictions or support needs.An income and expenses form will be created
- Ensure that prospective tenants provide a character reference/ bank statement/post office statement / proof of income / photo ID and proof of any financial agreements. A credit check will be completed
- If the applicant fully meets the criteria, they will be issued with a Tenants Passport. If applicants do not fully meet the criteria they will still be accepted onto the waiting list
- Market the landlords property for free by the Private Rented Assistance Scheme
- Prospective tenants can view the property and meet the landlord where possible
- Both the landlord and tenant agree whether they wish to go ahead with the tenancy and contact NPRAS
- NPRAS, if necessary will arrange for an officer to complete a written and visual inventory at the property
- The landlord supplies NPRAS with a copy of a valid Gas Safety Certificate and a current Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- Shared accommodation must have basic amenities e.g. Cooking facilities, beds, and sofa/settee. This will reduce additional cost/ stress/inconvenience to clients starting their new tenancy
- If the landlord qualifies for the Tenancy facilitation service this will be completed by the Scheme and a housing benefit form and safeguarding form will be completed
- Once the paperwork has been signed and returned to NPRAS then the Guarantee Bond will be issued. In the case of applicants in receipt of Housing Benefit, the cheque for four weeks rent in advance will be issued at this stage
- NPRAS, if applicable, supply the paperwork and proofs to Housing Benefit and then liaises between the landlord and tenant to ensure that payment is prompt
- The Bond will be reviewed after the initial six-month period and renewed for a further 6 months if all parties are in agreement
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...