Harvey Hadden Sports Complex
Wigman Road, Bilborough, Nottingham, NG8 4PB Tel. 0115 876 1600
- Harvey Hadden Iconic bid update
- Current Development at Harvey Hadden
- NEW! Photo gallery
- Clubs and activities
Nottingham City Council has accepted a grant award of £1,941,239 from Sport England following a successful funding bid to further develop Harvey Hadden Sports Complex and Park.
The Council submitted a bid to Sport England's Iconic Facilities Fund in December 2012 which proposed to build a 1.5km closed road cycling circuit, expand the athletics track, add three new squash courts and upgrade the existing football pitches to include new outdoor changing facilities.
Additional funding totalling £480,000 has been secured from England Athletics, The Football Association, England Squash and Racketball, British Cycling and Notts Athletics Club as part of the bidding process, increasing the total of the Harvey Hadden re-development scheme to over £16m.
Click the image to the left or download the plan below to view a larger site map showing proposed additional facilities at Harvey Hadden Sports Complex and Park (subject to the latest bid for funding being successful).
Nottingham City Council carried out a consultation in July to find out people's views on the proposals put forward as part of the Iconic Bid. The project team are currently reviewing all comments received to ensure the development meets the needs of the local community. Thanks to everyone who gave us their views. You can view the findings of the consultation here.
Nottingham City Council is investing £13.5 million to develop and transform Harvey Hadden into Nottingham's largest state-of-the-art leisure facility. It's part of our ambitious Transformation Programme to modernise City leisure centre facilities to meet the needs of local communities.
In 2015 Harvey Hadden Leisure Centre will reopen, refurbished and modernised, with the following new and improved facilities:
- 50 metre swimming pool with adjustable pool floor that splits into two 25 metre pools enabling more public swimming access especially during the day
- Two multi-use activity studios for fitness movement and dance
- Large fitness room/gym
- New male and female dry changing rooms
- New pool changing village with baby, disabled, and group/school changing areas
- Pool viewing and spectator seating
- Health suite - sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- Refurbished sports hall
- Vending area and cafeteria facilities
- Improved access and facilities for disabled people, including a 'Changing Places' toilet
The artist impressions below show the proposed external elevation and interior pool hall design.
Find out more in our informative Community Newsletters.
We will be taking photos during the redevelopment so you can keep up to date as the project develops. Click on the link below to view the photo gallery.
Click here for information on clubs and activities at Harvey Hadden.Is there anything wrong with this page? Make a comment on this service