How to benefit from joining the Priority Services Registers offered by your utility supplier. These are free services.
What is a Priority Services Register?
A Priority Services Register is a free scheme offered by your gas, electricity and water suppliers. Once you register you can receive additional support and special services from each of your suppliers. It's the extra help you need. Registering ensures your supplier tailors their services to meet your needs, for example by providing you with extra help in using your meter. Many of the services offered are free.
Who can join the free Priority Services Registers?
You can be added to a Priority Service Register if you are: of pensionable age; disabled; chronically sick; blind or partially sighted; deaf or hearing impaired.
If your supplier knows you have health issues or essential medical equipment in your home you will be prioritised in the event of a break to your supply.
How else can your supplier help you?
The exact services on offer to you vary depending on your supplier, but may include the following services:-
- advance notice if your supply is going to be interrupted
- priority reconnection if your supply is interrupted
- alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your supply is interrupted
- bills sent to a relative, carer or friend to help you check them
- your meter moved free of charge if it's hard for you to use or read the meter
- a free quarterly meter reading if you can't read your meter
- annual gas safety check
- free advice on being more energy-efficient
- protection from cold callers with a password protection scheme to keep you safe
- your bills and meter readings in braille, large print, audio tape, textphone or typetalk if you're visually impaired
- extra help to use your meter or appliances
For some of the above, customers may need to be means tested.
How do I register for Priority Services?
If you wish to sign up for the service you need to contact each of your suppliers as they each hold their own customer list. If you decide to change your gas or electric supplier you will have to re-register with the new companies.
Can I sign up a relative?
It is possible to help relatives sign up to Priority Services Register, especially those who may find it difficult to register for a new service, but the customer themselves will need to be present during the phone call.
To register you will need to call each of your utility providers using the numbers below:
- Robin Hood Energy 0800 030 4567
- British Gas - 0800 072 8625
- Eon - 0800 0511 480
- EDF - 0800 269 450
- SSE - 0800 622 838
- npower - 080 172 6999
- Scottish Power - 0800 027 0072
Severn Trent Water - 08457 500 500
Information for Deaf Customers
If you're deaf or have difficulty hearing Textphone us on 18001 0800 072 8625
Minicom text telephone, you can call us free of charge on 0800 056 6560, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minicom 0800 096 2929
If you use a textphone, you can call our Textline on 0345 026 7023
To contact us by minicom or textphone, use 0800 413 016
Supplier does not publish information
Robin Hood Energy
For customers with hearing impairments please dial 18001 followed by 0800 030 4567 for a text service to contact Robin Hood Energy. Customers may also wish to contact Robin Hood Energy via e-mail asking the company to contact them using the text service, please email email@example.com
Severn Trent Water
Supplier does not publish information
Sign up to the Age Friendly Nottingham Newsletter
Sign up for the Age Friendly Nottingham email newsletter - this monthly newsletter contains information about things to do and get involved with, and Nottingham news relevant to the older person.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...