Alcohol Treatment

Help and information on alcohol issues.

If you, or some you know is worried about alcohol issues the best place to start is by talking to a GP. A doctor will be able to carry out an assessment and offer treatment, or they can refer you to a specialist.

Many alcohol treatment services do accept self-referrals so you may be able to got to them directly without seeing your GP.

Get help locally

Local GP - for information, advice and help with alcohol issues find a GP service near you.

APAS - The Alcohol Problems Advisory Service offer support for alcohol and drug users. Call 0115 941 4747

Alcoholics Anonymous - support groups in your local area. To find your nearest AA meeting visit call 0115 941 7100.

Last Orders - delivering a range of confidential services for all levels of alcohol problems. Give them a call on 0115 970 9590, or drop in to see them at the NHS Walk-In Centre on Upper Parliament Street.

Compass- helping young people and adults to recover from drugs and alcohol. You can call them on 0800 008 7453 (freephone) or drop in to see them at

NGY myplace
29-31 Castle Gate

Get help nationally

Drink Aware - raising awareness about alcohol, health issues, legislation and drinking

NHS Choices - for all the information and advice you need on alcohol and health issues.

Change 4 Life 'don't let drink sneak up on you' - For information and advice about reducing your alcohol consumption.

Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.

* Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...