About NQT Induction Services
The NQT induction service works with head teachers, governors and support staff to provide the services as Appropriate Body to maintained schools in Nottingham City and to schools and colleges in the independent sector including Academies.
All qualified teachers who are employed in a maintained school or non maintained special school must have completed an induction period satisfactorily. A maintained school must reach agreement with an Appropriate Body before an NQT can serve part of their induction period with them.
Statutory induction is not a legal requirement to teach in FE or independent sector including Academies and Free Schools but may be served in these settings. Institutions offering NQT Induction also need to reach agreement with an Appropriate Body.
We will work collaboratively and in partnership with schools to ensure NQTs progress from initial teacher training to a career in teaching, developing their skills to become effective teachers. We will help ensure that school staff have access to information and the opportunity to develop skills to provide effective induction for the NQT.
The Appropriate Body service will help Head Teachers and NQT induction tutors to meet the requirements placed on schools in the statutory guidance 2012.
- Advice, support on all aspects of induction
- NQT Welcome event in the autumn term for all new NQTs
- Monitoring and Quality Assurance of termly and final assessments
- Independent person for NQTs to discuss difficulties during induction
- NQT adviser monitoring and Quality Assurance visits and support
- NQT adviser support where NQT failing to make satisfactory progress including observation of lesson, and action planning to support.
- Access to resources such as NQT and Induction tutor handbooks, guidance and newsletters
- Further training opportunities for NQT and induction tutors