This consultation closed on 12 January 2018
The local Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a document that outlines pharmaceutical services across Nottingham City.
This document ensures that services meet the needs of the population and are in the correct locations to support the citizens of Nottingham. Pharmaceutical services are provided by Community Pharmacies and Dispensing Appliance Contractors.
The PNA is important as it will be used as the basis for informing decisions when applications for new pharmacies are received and for commissioning new services within community pharmacies.
Nottingham City Health and Wellbeing Board have a legal duty under Section 8 of the National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 to consult with named organisations as well as the citizens of Nottingham City on the findings and recommendations for pharmacy services provision.
The Regulations require that the following organisations be consulted on this draft PNA. In addition the PNA steering group has agreed to consult Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire CCGs and GP practices. The full list of consultees is:
- Nottinghamshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPS)
- Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee (LMC)
- Persons on the Pharmaceutical List in Nottingham City
- LPS Chemists in Nottingham City
- Nottingham Healthwatch
- Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service
- Other patient, consumer or community groups with an interest in provision
- NHS Trust and NHS Foundation Trusts in the area (Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, East Midlands Ambulance Service)
- Nottingham CityCare Partnership
- NHS England North Midlands
- Nottinghamshire County Health and Wellbeing Board
Responses from citizens and other organisations not listed are also welcome. All consultation responses will be summarised to produce the final document.
Nottinghamshire County Health and Wellbeing Board are running a consultation on their revised PNA. Please access the Nottinghamshire County PNA and associated documents.
If you need a paper copy or help completing the survey, please contact Julie Carlin - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 8764091.
Julia Thornborough - email@example.com or 0115 9773154.
Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Health and Wellbeing Boards would like to thank you for taking the time to give your responses.