Aged between 14 and 19? Want to learn more about performance from professional theatre practitioners and experienced drama teachers? Well, look no further
Nottingham Youth Theatre (NYT), now working in partnership with The Nottingham Arts Theatre, is the longest running Youth Theatre in the City at over 35 years old and is based at College Street, the Arts in Education Centre in Nottingham.
Membership is open to anyone able to attend regular rehearsals aged between the ages of 14 and 19. The group is split into two groups, 14 to 19 and inclusive, and meetings are every Tuesday of the school year for workshop sessions; more often during production time including school holidays. The group performs regularly at College Street Centre Studio or at our partner venue Nottingham Arts Theatre. Auditions for the company are held regularly and for information on these please contact the NYT Director.
For auditions, prospective new members please
- Wear something appropriate, as you will be doing some physical workshopping
- Be prepared to stay for the full time
- Have a prepared solo piece ready, such as a two to three minutes prepared (learnt and rehearsed) speech from a play, song (backing track only, not singing along with the recording) or piece of dance/choreographed movement
The group produces a wide range of performance pieces including musical and music theatre, dance theatre, classic and modern plays, street theatre and animations, adaptations and commissioned items. Members will learn and develop through the creation of performance work for a public audience. The group makes regular visits to performances and has workshops from visiting professional companies and theatre-makers, some of which are ex-members of the company. Nottingham Youth Theatre does not aim to encourage or discourage members from pursuing a professional career in theatre or performance, but provide high quality opportunities for members to build on if they have the determination to do so.
Events, opportunities and productions include
- Our Annual Christmas Show
- Small Scale Studio Pieces
- Street Theatre for Christmas and Light Night
- A and AS Level 'Masterclasses' and Study Support with Coursework
- Arts Awards
- Plus, the famous NYT summer musical
For more on everything NYT can offer please contact the NYT Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and for more on the inclusive company please contact David Stewart at email@example.com.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...