The section provides DSLs with presentations from previous networks and resources to share and support your team
To download presentations from our May 2018 DSL Network see below (previous networks at the foot of this page):
NHS Nottingham City CCG have commissioned a video animation aimed at citizens to encourage them to attend medical appointments, and to take children and adults they care for to their appointments. The animation is aimed at raising awareness about the consequences of missing appointments and to ensure that children and adults get the medical care that they need.
The animation is a follow-on from the Rethinking ‘Did Not Attend’ video which acted as a powerful reminder that children do not take themselves to appointments, and for practitioners to reflect on the impact of missed appointments on a child’s wellbeing.
- Child L Learning Brief: In 2017 the NCSCB completed a learning review on a case where significant concerns were raised about home conditions following the unexpected death of an infant. The death was in no way connected to the home conditions, however professionals responding to the death felt that the severity of the home conditions were such that they warranted review.
- Modern Slavery Free e-learning This online resource provides an overview of the issue of modern slavery and is aimed at helping healthcare staff recognise the signs that someone has been trafficked, and to take appropriate action with confidence.
- Terms and phrases relating to child sexual abuse: The Victims and Survivors’ Consultative Panel (VSCP), work with the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse to ensure the needs and perspectives of victims and survivors are reflected in the Inquiry’s on-going work.
- FGM information Update Post Summer: Early Years Staff reminded of the need to be vigilant regarding FGM in the Autumn term, following the ‘cutting season'.
- Watch our video animation Rethinking ‘Did Not Attend’ here The animation is a powerful reminder that children do not take themselves to appointments, and for practitioners to reflect on the impact of missed appointments on a child’s wellbeing.
- NCSCB- E Learning and information A variety of E-Learning produced by partners including Prevent, Safer Sleeping, FGM etc
- Download Bite Sized Learning from SRCs
- More Bite Sized Learning Sheets
'The bitesize learning resources are excellent. They were informative, not overly jargonistic or difficult to understand and accessible’
Comment from a Nottingham Practitioner
'Nottingham City Safeguarding Board Newsletter: Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board (NCSCB) publicises a regular ‘Stay Connected’ e bulletin newsletter. To read the most recent and sign up for the newsletter go to: www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/earlyyears/safeguarding/safeguarding-newsletter/
Slides from Previous DSL Networks
Please ensure that your DSL is informed of DSL Network dates noted on the main DSL page