Are you confident with phonics? Confident to teach alternative graphemes? Confident making links with the new curriculum? Don’t panic……the aliens are coming to help!
An engaging course which aims to develop your subject knowledge of alternative graphemes and give inspiring practical ideas for how to teach phonics in a vibrant and exciting way. It will make links with the new curriculum and offer practical ways to apply phonics throughout the year 1 curriculum. You will leave with a range of practical resources to support your phonic teaching and assessment.
You will also get the opportunity to observe an experienced teacher deliver a session to a group of children before your very own eyes. There will be a chance after the session to ask the teacher questions about the strategies used.
- This course will support you to:
- Understand how to teach alternative graphemes
- Develop your subject knowledge and reflect on the changes to the Year 1 curriculum.
- Make links with the wider English curriculum enabling children to apply their phonic knowledge to other areas of learning
- Plan highly effective teaching sessions where children can read and write in imaginative ways
- Understand the requirements of the Year 1 phonics screening check
Course Leader: Early Years Specialist Caroline Vissani
Length: One full day including a buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Audience: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Literacy Subject Leaders, Senior Management, Intervention Teachers
|Tuesday||17th October 2017||9:00am - 3:30pm||Castle Cavendish||£160||Book|