Phonics remains a high priority for Ofsted……are you confident? Are your lessons inspiring and stimulating? Do you know your phonemes from your graphemes? Can your children apply what they are learning? Don’t panic…..the aliens are coming to help!
An inspiring course which offers an introduction to teaching discrete phonic sessions in a stimulating way to engage children and help them to read and write confidently in a range of ways. It aims to improve your subject knowledge and give practical ideas which will enable you to plan vibrant and exciting sessions to engage and challenge children. You will leave with exciting and practical resources to support your phonic teaching and assessment.
LIVE LESSON! You will also get the opportunity to observe an experienced teacher deliver a session to a group of children before your very own eyes. There will be a chance after the session to ask the teacher questions about the strategies used.
The course will support you to:
- Understand how to teach the key skills of blending and segmenting with letters
- Develop your subject knowledge, including terminology and pure sounds
- Plan engaging and pacy phonics sessions which build on children’s previous skills
- Consider ways to enable children to apply their newly acquired phonic skills Make accurate assessments about children’s phonic knowledge
- Inspire children to love reading, including guided reading
- Create irresistible activities to engage children
- Challenge more able children and support less able children
- Start to think about preparing children for the raised expectations in Year 1
Course Leaders: Early Years Specialist Caroline Vissani
Length: One full day including a buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Audience: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Literacy Subject Leaders, Senior Management, Intervention Teachers
|Monday||9th Oct 2017||9:00am - 3:30pm||Castle Cavendish||£160||Book|