Feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of teaching in the Foundation Stage? Then this is the course for you!
Practitioners will be provided with a whistle-stop tour through the key components of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Top tips will be shared throughout the sessions from practitioners who attended this course last year.
You will also get the opportunity to observe an experienced teacher deliver a session to a group of children before your very own eyes. There will be a chance after the session to ask the teacher questions about the strategies used.
This course will support you to:
- Understand the principles of effective EYFS practice
- Consider the balance between child-initiated and adult-led learning
- Understand how the characteristics of effective learning support development
- Consider the importance of play and how it can support children’s learning
- Understand what makes an effective learning environment
- Understand the observation, assessment and planning cycle
- Understand what makes a ‘good’ lesson and be Ofsted ready
- Consider the quality of your evidence base
Length: One full day including a buffet lunch and two half days with light refreshments
Course Leader: Early Years Specialist Caroline Vissani
Audience: Practitioners new to the EYFS (including NQTs and Teachers/Teaching Assistants who have changed year groups or have had a break in teaching and wish to refresh their knowledge), any member of the SLT who would like to develop their understanding of the EYFS
|Part One||Thursday||28th Sept 2017||9:00am - 3:30pm||
|Part Two||Wednesday||15th Nov 2017||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Part Three||Thursday||1st Feb 2018||9:00am - 12:00pm|