Safeguarding Children: Key Persons (Designated Senior Leads)
Specifically tailored to support those NEW to the role of the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) or practitioners who are being developed to take on the role, this one day introductory course will cover:
- Child protection law and legislation
- Early intervention and prevention
- Making referrals, record keeping and action planning
- Safer working practices for staff
- Maintaining a culture of vigilance
- The EYFS Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements
Pre-course information: Delegates are required to familiarise themselves with the Safeguarding and Promoting Children’s Welfare requirements of the EYFS.
Course Leader: Early Years and Childcare Safeguarding Co-ordinator; Karen Shead
Course Length: One full day
Audience: Newly appointed Designated Senior Persons, Deputies or Registered Persons with responsibility for making referrals and/or managing staff.
|Wednesday||25 April 2018||9.30am - 4.00pm||NNSTC Book|
|Fee Per Delegate|
|Private and Independent Settings, including Childminders||£30|
|Voluntary and Community Settings and Social Enterprises||£15|