Nottingham City Council is committed to providing the best possible services for its customers. Our 'Have Your Say' comments, compliments and complaints process gives you the chance to tell us what you think of the services we provide
If you require any of this information in an alternative format e.g. Large Print, Braille etc please email email@example.com or call 0115 876 4921.
If you have a comment
All suggestions are important to us and all will be considered in line with our service improvement plans. We will always acknowledge your suggestions, and where possible we will respond with detail about how your suggestion has been used.
If you have a compliment
We always pass your feedback on to our service areas and specifically to the member of staff or team that it was about. We also use this information in appraisals and for staff awards as well as for developing best practice across the Council.
If you have a complaint
Sometimes things go wrong. If this happens we will do everything possible to put it right. If we cannot give you the outcome you want we will explain the reasons for this. We will respond to your complaint fully, working together between departments to ensure that we have answered all of the issues raised. We will do this as quickly as possible, letting you know if it is likely to take more than 10 working days, and keeping you informed throughout the process.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint then you can ask for it to be reviewed. You need to tell us why you believe we were wrong according to our policies and procedures. The central team will review this for you and contact you with the outcome. We will again work through this process as quickly as possible, letting you know if it’s likely to take more than 25 working days, and keeping you informed throughout the process.
Some complaints we will not respond to, for example, a complaint that has already been answered, and reviewed with no new issues raised. If this is the case we will inform you of the decision not to investigate it.
By Phone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
Visit: www.lgo.org.uk for more information.
All feedback is important but some things, for legal reasons, have a separate process – please see below for the full list. We also cannot investigate a complaint that has already been heard by a court or tribunal, or a complaint where the citizen or the Council has commenced legal proceedings or has taken court action
- Appeals against refusal of planning permission or against conditions placed on a grant of planning permission
- A complaint about social care services (children and adults)
- A school admission or exclusion appeal
- A complaint about a school
- A complaint from a City Council employee about an employment matter
- An appeal against the issue of a penalty charge notice by the parking enforcement team and the recovery process which follows
- Dispute a fixed penalty for environmental crimes (including dog-fouling)
- Dispute a penalty charge notice for Bus Lane Contravention
- Any appeal against the exercise of a police power
- A complaint about the refusal of disabled badges for parking exemption
- A complaint about the independent Rent Officer
- A complaint about Anti-Social Behaviour
- A complaint about Nottingham City Homes
- Appeals regarding Resident Permits/Dispensation Access Permits
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...