Community Legal Advice offers free, confidential and independent legal advice for residents of England and Wales.
Text 'legalaid' and your name to 80010. CLA will call back within 24 hours.
Calls cost 4pence per minute from a standard BT landline, calls from mobiles may be more or ask us to call you back.
Open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday 9:00am to 12:30pm.
CLA can provide additional support to clients that need it
- Text relay 0845 609 6677
- Free translation service for callers whose first language is not English
- Get advice in British Sign Language (BSL)
- CLA can also talk to someone on behalf of the client
Areas of Work
- Get free initial advice from an adviser about Welfare Benefits/Tax Credit, Debt, Housing, Employment or Education between
- Find quality local advice services for other types of problems
- Order legal information leaflets
- Listen to recorded messages about common legal problems 24 hours a day
To quality for advice and/or assistance you need to fulfill the income eligibility criteria for Legal Help. This will be assessed when the call is made.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...