CCTV bus lane and camera enforcement
View or pay for your CCTV bus lane or parking Penalty Charge Notice online
View my CCTV Parking Ticket
To view your CCTV PCN please visit the dedicated webpage
The moving images are stored on a server and at the review stage an officer retrieves and views the images using a review station. A PCN is processed and then issued if there is agreement that an alleged contravention has taken place. For reasons of impartiality, the capturing officer cannot review his or her own work.
How can I pay my CCTV PCN?
Who is affected by CCTV camera enforcement?
Any unauthorised vehicles that makes use of a bus lane, bus gate or tram gate during the time of operation. When signed the only exemptions are;
- a pedal cycle
- a bus
- a tramcar or
- wheelchair accessible taxis
- An emergency services vehicle (must be responding to an emergency)
How much will it cost me if I contravene the regulations?
- The registered owner/hirer of the vehicle will receive a PCN by first class post from Nottingham City Council
- For a bus lane contravention the charge is £60, reduced by 50% to £30 if paid within 14 days of the Date of Service. Take immediate action to either pay the penalty charge or make a representation (appeal). Failure to do so by 28 days of the Date of Service of the PCN may result in an increase of 50% to £90 and the Council may take steps to enforce payment of this sum
- For a CCTV contravention the penalty charge is £70, reduced by 50% to £35 if paid within 21 days of the Date of Service. Take immediate action to either pay the penalty charge or make a representation (appeal). Failure to do so by 28 days of the Date of Service of the PCN may result in an increase of 50% to £105 and the Council may take steps to enforce payment of this sum
How can I avoid a PCN?
- Pay attention to the road signs and markings.
- Bus lane signs and markings will clearly indicate both the start and end of bus lanes and highlight the hours of operation. Parking and waiting/loading restrictions will be clearly signed.
- Tram gates and bus gates are clearly marked with map-based advanced direction signs placed on each approach road showing the route to take to avoid the restricted area, and with the relevant Regulatory signs placed at the beginning of the restriction.
- All drivers should not pay attention to the advice given by Sat-Navs and should comply with all traffic signs. Any appeal referring to Sat-Navs as the reason for contravening the restrictions will not be accepted
Useful Documents and FAQs
To view the FAQs and all other documents pertaining to CCTV enforcement please visit Nottingham insight, please click the link to view the informationIs there anything wrong with this page? Make a comment on this service