The Nottingham Funeral
The Nottingham Funeral is available to all residents of the City of Nottingham, regardless of culture or belief.
The scheme is also available to former city residents, who within a period of three years before death, took up residence outside the City boundary to receive full time care. The cost of the scheme is from £1,220.00. Northern (Bulwell), Church, General, Basford Cemeteries or the Southern Cemetery and Crematorium (Wilford Hill) may be used.
Address and Contact Information
The service is provided by:
The Cooperative Funeralcare
605 Mansfield Road
Tel: 0115 9626403
All unavoidable disbursements are included, except the cost of Rights of Burial in a new grave.
The services which the Council has agreed and provided by the funeral director are:
- Taking the deceased from a local place of death to the funeral directors premises, within two hours of the request being made. Where the death occurs in hospital or is reported to the Coroner, collection may be delayed due to certification.
- A place in the funeral director's Chapel of Rest where the body may be viewed on request.
- Care of the deceased at the funeral director's premises
- A fabric shroud for the deceased
- A choice of coffins from the Nottingham Funeral range
- All funeral arrangements. If a religious service is required, including one at another location, a separate fee is likely to be charged. Please note that any such fee is not included in the Nottingham Funeral Scheme
- Where circumstances permit, four suitably dressed bearers to carry the coffin
- The use of a hearse and following limousine to carry six people
- Transport of flowers from the funeral director's premises to the Cemetery or Crematorium and displayed in the appropriate area
- A member of the funeral staff to respond to your call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
The scheme only covers the items listed above. If additional items are required the funeral director will give the client a written quotation in advance as per normal.
"Whilst browsing the web I have come across your page on the Nottingham Funeral. My mother passed away last November and I contacted W Bamford and arranged 'the Nottingham Funeral' I would just like to put on record, albeit belatedly, that the service I got was excellent, the staff were very professional and attentive, and the funeral couldn't have been more dignified if I had paid thousands of pounds. A great service which really should be advertised more, (local press, local radio etc) I'm sure lots of elderly people worry about funeral expenses and if they were aware that this service was available it would allay their worries. Once again, many thanks for an excellent service." Mr B.A. of NottinghamIs there anything wrong with this page? Make a comment on this service