Nottingham City Council is a democratic organisation, with 55 Councillors representing electors in the 20 electoral wards in the City of Nottingham. There is a local election every four years when all 55 seats are contested.
Find my Councillor
Enter your postcode below to find your Councillor
- Executive Councillors
- Executive Assistants
- Leader of Opposition Group
- Councillor Allowances and Payments
- Council's Committee Meetings and Membership
Our 55 councillors represent the following parties:
- 51 Labour Group Councillors
- 3 Conservative Group Councillors
- 1 Independent
The Labour Group, with the most number of councillors, currently has control of the council.
Leader and Deputy Leader
- Councillor Jon Collins - Strategic Regeneration
- Councillor Graham Chapman - Resources and Neighbourhood Regeneration
- Councillor David Mellen - Early Intervention and Early Years
- Councillor David Trimble - Leisure and Culture
- Councillor Alex Norris - Adults and Health
- Councillor Nick McDonald - Business, Growth and Transport
- Councillor Nicola Heaton - Community Services
- Councillor Alan Clark - Energy and Sustainability
- Councillor Jane Urquhart - Planning and Housing
- Councillor Sam Webster - Education, Employment and Skills
- Councillor Neghat Khan – Housing
- Councillor Rosemary Healy - Policy Team Development
- Councillor Toby Neal - Equalities, Customer Focus, IT and Technology
- Councillor Corall Jenkins - Transport
- Councillor Marcia Watson - Skills
Conservative Group - Councillor Georgina Culley
Councillors Allowances under the Members Allowances Scheme can be viewed under Part 7 of Nottingham City Council's Constitution.
Under The Local Authorities (Councillor allowances) (England) regulations 2001, Local Authorities are required to publish details of payments made to Councillors. This includes the basic allowance that all councillors receive, any Special Responsibility Allowances they receive for special roles such as Committee Chairmanships, Portfolio Holder roles and political group leadership, as well as any expenses paid for travel, subsistence and carers.
Information about the Council's meetings and committees, including agendas and minutes.
Membership of all Nottingham City Council committees, boards, panels and joint bodies can be found in Part 2 of the City Council's Constitution. Please click here to view the Constitution.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...