Bulwell Forest Ward Councillor and Portfolio Holder for Business, Growth and Transport This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
For information regarding Councillor Surgeries and local services, please visit the Bulwell Forest Ward and Surgery Details page.
Information and Details
Ward: Bulwell Forest Ward
Nick is a Councillor for Bulwell Forest ward and is the Cabinet Member for Growth and Transport at Nottingham City Council.
Nick has played a leading role in developing the City's economic policy, starting with the Economic Growth Plan, Nottingham's City Deal in 2012, and more recently the city’s involvement in the D2N2 LEP’s growth deal. Nick leads for city on a variety of issues such as transport, the city centre, retail and regeneration, sector development, business, heritage, international links, and the city’s creative quarter project. Nick is currently leading on the city’s Southern Gateway project, regenerating the area around the Station and Broadmarsh Centre.
He is also a member of the City’s Strategic Regeneration Board, sits on the board of Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire, and is a member of the Designate Board set up to oversee the merger of Central College and New College Nottingham. He is also the chair of the Bulwell Forest Action Group and is a director of One Vision Partnership in Bulwell. Nick is also the City’s cycling champion.
Away from local politics, Nick is also an intellectual property and information technology lawyer and is a partner at Potter Clarkson LLP. Before entering law, Nick worked as a management consultant with Accenture Plc.
Nick lives in Bulwell and is originally from Nottingham. He is married with a young daughter, two dogs, a cat and several fish. In his spare time he enjoys playing jazz piano, reading, listening to music, going to the gym, cycling and running.
- Bulwell and Bulwell Forest Area Committee (Area 1)
- Executive BoardOpens new window
- Executive Board City Centre Committee - Chair
- City Centre ForumOpens new window
- Joint Committee on Strategic Planning and Transportation
- Executive Board Strategic Regeneration
- Strategic Regeneration Board
City Council Appointments to Outside Organisations
- Creative Quarter Nottingham Limited
- Greater Nottingham Rapid Transit
- D2N2 Infrastructure and Investment Board
- Greater Nottingham Transport Partnership
- New College Nottingham
- Nottingham Business Improvement District
- Nottingham Regeneration Ltd
- PATROLAJC (Patrol Adjudication Joint Committee)
- Joint Planning Advisory Board