Nottingham City Council can help you with the expense of school clothing if your child attends a School maintained by Nottingham City Council.
The City Council is unable to provide support with School Clothing if your child attends an Academy. Please contact the Academy to find out if they operate a School Clothing Allowance scheme.
- Eligibility for School Clothing Allowance
- How much you will Receive for Each Child
- How School Clothing Allowance will be Paid
- How to Apply
- How to contact the Pupil Benefits team
If your child(ren):
- lives in Nottingham city
- attends a Nottingham City school
- is in years Reception, 1, 4, 7, 9 or 11
AND if you, the parent/carer, receive at least ONE of the following benefits already:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit including the Working Tax Credit element and your annual income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
then you are eligible and can make a claim for your child(ren).
All payments are made by BACs direct to your bank or building society account. If you do not have either a bank/building society account or an account that can accepts BACs payments then please contact the Pupil Benefits Team.
If you consider that you are eligible for the School Clothing Allowance, please do the following:
2. Once the application form is completed you can send it to us using any of the following options. You can:
- post it or fax it to us - see the contact information below
- drop it in at the Customer Contact Centre on Angel Row
- drop it off at your child(ren)'s school and they will send it to us
Pupil Benefits Team - If you need any help with completing the form or you have any other questions you can contact us in the following ways:
Nottingham City Council
Customer Contact Centre Angel Row
At the above address, Monday to Friday 8:15am to 4:30pm
0115 915 4084
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - 8:30am to 4:50pm
Thursday - 9:30am to 4:50pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday - 9:30am to 4:30pm
0115 876 4940
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...